Development of new vegetable and irrigated pulse cultivars using conventional and molecular breeding methods.
- Selection and releasing salt and drought tolerant cultivars.
- Selection and releasing disease resistant/tolerant cultivars
- Research on agronomical traits to increase yield and quality of released varieties.
- Study on the adaptability of Iranian and imported vegetable cultivars in different climate conditions in Iran.
- Performing two national breeding programs for potato and common bean.
- Production of pre-basic and basic seeds of new released cultivars in the department.
- Production of pre-basic and basic seeds of irrigated pulse crops under Deputy of Agronomy demand in Ministry of Agriculture-Jahad.
- Bilateral agreements in the fields of germplasm exchange and joint projects with following international research centers and universities to facilitate achievement of research goals and application of scientific achievements of international research centers:
1. International Center for Agricultural Research in the Dry Areas (ICARDA) for faba bean research.
2. The World Vegetable Center (pervious Asian Vegetable Research and Development Center or AVRDC) for vegetable research.
3. International Center for Tropical Agriculture or Centro Internacional de Agricultura Tropical (CIAT) for bean research.
4. University of Pannonia in Hungary for potato breeding.